30kW Liquid Cooled FC System VL-Series
This is the entry-level fuel cell stack for the mid-range liquid cooled fuel cell stacks that Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies offers. These fuel cell stacks offer the ability to electrify boats, farm equipment, and other mobility applications. In a place like California where laws and executive orders have been put into place to eliminate fossil fuel use in new cars and small engines, the VL-30 fuel cell stack offers individuals and companies the ability to convert vehicle fleets to a zero emission profile.
30kW Liquid Cooled Fuel Cell VL-Series
Using this fuel cell product would enable fleets that undergo such a conversion to maintain the level of power they are used to with the benefit of being environmentally friendly. Depending on the location there may already be a local hydrogen dispensing station, but if there is not one available a company like BayoTech can help to setup a refueling supply to ensure a painless conversion to the use of this fuel cell stack.
If you are looking to replace a current diesel or gasoline engine with a fuel cell stack or if you are looking to pursue a more ambitious project, then please complete a quote request form with the information relating to your project. This will enable us to better meet your needs as well as set proper delivery expectations for the fuel cell system. In keeping with other liquid fuel cell stacks this stack comes with an air filter, air flow meter, hydrogen intel solenoid valve, humidifier, throttle valve, radiator, ion exchange, controller, fuel cell stack, fill water tank, fuel cell 24V water pump, constant voltage DC, and blower to bring air into the fuel cell stack
List of core VL-30 components and their functionality:
- Air filter (Prevents damaging size particles from entering fuel cell)
- Air flow meter (Monitoring feedback of air flow)
- Hydrogen heat exchanger (Increase the temperature of hydrogen)
- Intercooler (Reduce the temperature of the air entering the stack)
- Humidifier (Adds humidity to the air entering the stack)
- Throttle (Adjust the internal operating pressure of the stack)
- PTC heater (Heating of low temperature cold start)
- Water tank (Refill water to and exhaust the system)
- Deionizer (Absorbs the ions in the coolant, reducing the conductivity of the coolant)
- Water pump (Power the cooling system)
- Low voltage distribution box (Provide low voltage distribution to the system)
- Controller (Control system, communication between system and vehicle)
- Fuel cell stack (Oxygen and hydrogen react to produce power)
30kW Liquid Cooled FC Stack VL-Series Quick Product Facts
System Rated Power
This system power output is 30kW.
Stack Rated Power
The fuel cell stack gives 36kW of output power.
Number of Cells
This fuel cell stack is composed of 150 fuel cells.
Voltage Current Output
The voltage current output of the fuel cell stack is 90 volts at 400 amperes.
DC Output Voltage
Direct current output voltage reaches 300 to 450 volts.
Fuel Cell Efficiency
Minimal fuel cell efficiency at rated power is 47.8%.
The system can operate in ambient temperature of -30 to 45°C / -22 to 113°F.
Stack Operating Temperature
The fuel cell stack operates best in a temperature ranging from 70 to 85°C / 158 to 185°F.
FC System Weight
The system (including DC and radiator) weighs 135kg / 297 lbs.
Hydrogen must be fed into the fuel cell stack at a pressure of 1.1-1.3Mpag.
A fuel of gaseous hydrogen at a minimum purity level of 99.97% is required.
One of the best ways to see the power and value of hydrogen fuel cells is to follow our Horizon Hydrogen Grand Prix series. Each season high school students from around the world put their remote-controlled fuel cell electric vehicles through a series of endurance races. It is the ultimate FCEV racing challenge, and along the way students get to learn about batteries, fuel cells, and electronics in general. This enables them to have workforce-ready knowledge and skillsets that organizations around the world can use to create their own next generation FCEVs and other zero emission products.
Fuel Cell and Hydrogen
- Do not attach or detach power cables when the fuel cell stack is turned on.
- Warranty is void if the fuel cell stack is dismantled or otherwise modified.
- Hydrogen is a colorless, odorless, and flammable substance. Always operate and store the fuel cell stacks and hydrogen storage canisters in an area with ample ventilation.
- Fuel cell systems should always be equipped with a highly accurate hydrogen sensor to detect any hydrogen that has escaped within the system or from the hydrogen storage canister.
- Please refer to the VL 30 User Manual to see the full list of the safety requirements for the product.
|System rated power output (kW) *||5||10||30||40||65||100||120||*does not include cooling fan power and boost DC efficiency|
|Stack rated power output (kW)||6||12||36||53||79||120||150|
|Number of cells||65||90||150||220||330||500||500|
|Operating ambient temperature (℃)||-10 to +40||-10 to +40||-30 to +45||-30 to +45||-30 to +45||-30 to +45||-30 to +45|
|Storage ambient temperature (℃)||-40 to +60||-40 to +60||-40 to +60||-40 to +60||-40 to +60||-40 to +60||-40 to +60|
|Operating ambient humidity (%)||0 to 95||0 to 95||0 to 95||0 to 95||0 to 95||0 to 95||0 to 95|
|Operating pressure (kPa)||up to 50||up to 50||80 to 100||80 to 100||80 to 100||80 to 100||120 to 150|
|Vibration noise (dB)||up to 80||up to 80||up to 78||up to 78||up to 78||up to 78||up to 90|
|Voltage current output||125A@48V||222A@54V||400A@90V||400A@132V||400@198V||400@300V||500A@300V|
|System dimensions (mm) **||630 x 560 x 610||630 x 560 x 610||742 x 686 x 637||890 x 600 x 520||970 x 600 x 516||1200 x 790 x 520||1200 x 680 x 630||** radiator, touch screen, booster DC or air compressor not included|
|System weight (kg) ***||170||180||135||145||170||238||290||*** booster DC not included|
|DC output voltage (V)||48||48/80|
|Boost DC output voltage (V)||300 to 450||500 to 700||500 to 700||500 to 700||500 to 700|
|System mass power density (W/kg) ****||220||275||382||420||505||*** booster DC not included|
|Fuel cell stack volume ratio power (kW/l)||3.5|
|Stack operating temperature (℃)||60 to 70||60 to 70||70 to 85||70 to 80||70 to 80||70 to 80||70 to 85|
|H2 purity (% dry hydrogen)||99,97||99,97||99,97||99,97||99,97||99,97||99,97|
|Average H2 consumption at rated power (m3/kWh)||up to 0,73||up to 0,73||up to 0,73||up to 0,73||up to 0,73|
|Fuel Cell efficiency at rated power (%)||at least 42||at least 42||at leas 47,8||at least 47,8||at least 47,8||at least 47,8||at least 47,8|
|Hydrogen inlet pressure (Mpag)||0,6 to 1.0||0,6 to 1.0||1,1 to 1,3||1,1 to 1,3||1,1 to 1,3||1,1 to 1,3||1,1 to 1,3|